Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're Goin' to the Zoo

Jade loves animals, and usually refers to animals by their sound instead of using their names. For example, when she sees a picture of a seal, she'll bark like a seal, rather than say 'seal'. It's very adorable.
We went to a small zoo in St. Paul, although, it was pretty good for a small zoo. They had most of your typical zoo animals, tiger, lions, giraffe, sea lions, gorillas, monkeys, penguins, and more. We had a great time there in the beautiful fall weather, little did we know it would be the last nice weekend of the season.
Here's Jade riding the turtle. Turtle is one of the animal names that Jade can say very well.
These seals had a really small tank, I'm hoping there was some hidden outlet to a bigger tank outside. I don't know though.


Jade helped me make some peanut butter play-dough yesterday. To make it just use equal parts peanut butter to dry milk, add a couple tablespoons of honey and voila, edible play-dough. Surprisingly, her first instinct was to play with it. I thought for sure the first thing she'd do was take a bite. She had fun using the rolling pin and cookie cutter.

I'm really glad we have baby Jade, she brightens every day.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm glad you used the last good weekend to go to the zoo...hope you're bracing yourself for the freezing MN weather!!! Just come stay with us for the winter!

Mama Bear said...

I love it! The peanut butter dough is one I will be trying, Brother Bear eats everything.
As for the zoo, that is not small, small is when you have to pay to see the same animals eating out of your garbage every night!! Looks like fun.