Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let's play catch up!!

We have had a really great year so far! To start thing off, our friend Laurel got us tickets to see Imagine 1-2-3 Elmo and Friends (she was part of the cast). We went with our friends, the Smiths. Jade and their daughter Samantha are only a week apart and they've become great friends.
We had great seats and even got to meet some of the characters before the show. Jade wasn't too happy about that, although she warmed up to Abby Cadabby, and even blew her a kiss.

Dan and I have been having date nights, thanks to another couple in our ward who we switch babysitting nights with. Thanks guys!
Jade is getting so grown up! She just looks more like a toddler/kid, than a baby. She is hilarious too. She has this one joke she tells it goes like this "gibberish, gibberish, gibberish" then "MOO!!" She laughs so hard, and we laugh too, of course, even though it makes no sense whatsoever.
We played Settlers of Catan with Stef and Kevin over Skype. :) We just set up our boards the exact same way and played for them on our board. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I won!
Toddler Tuesday at Mall of America has once again impressed us by having something fun to do on a Tuesday. Jade and I went for a Chinese New Year celebration. They had a dragon and martial artists did some cool routines.
And we got to meet Kai-lan. Ni-hao!
Dan turned 30!! We had a big celebration with some friends. Dan's mom sent him some Louisiana craw fish so we spent the night dissecting those and playing games.
Here he is feeling sorry for himself.
Not to worry Dan, I hear 30 is the new 20!
Jade got a double ear infection so we let her hangout on the couch watching Elmo videos on youtube.
My sister Katrina got married last week! She's been together with her boyfriend for over 4 years and they finally decided to make it official I guess. So I got to surprise her by showing up for the occasion. We had a fun girls night with my sisters and mom. We had dinner at The Gateway (my favorite mall), and shopped for lingerie!
My dad got to come for the wedding as well.
My sister and her husband Kyle, killing time with my younger brothers before the wedding.


Batman was the ring bearer.

Congrats guys!

They had a party at the bowling alley afterward, it was so much fun. I bowled a 127! Ok, that was with bumpers.


Jade is so imaginative. Here she is, feeding her babies string cheese.


3 comments:

Linds said...

Happy Birthday Dan! I wish we could have celebrated with you! That cake looks amazing. Jade is so cute. So sweet the way she feeds her babies!

Mama Bear said...

I miss you all so much!! I would love to play settlers with you guys again. Looks like you're having a blast and Jade is so beautiful~!!!!
Dan, thirty is the new 20, because you waste all your 20's studying. Soon you'll get to chill out and par-tay!! Happy B-day!!
I love you Quentin.

Chef Messy said...

Wow, Dan, you are old.