This weekend we got together for a camping trip at Payson Lakes. It really was a fun time. We got there Friday afternoon and set up camp. For dinner Dan decided he wanted to roast a whole chicken and as you can tell by the pictures, he did it. It was really impressive, and tasted delicious too.
That night was super cold, it is getting close to autumn after all. Jade slept in our sleeping bag with us and I was worried that she was just as freezing as I was so I covered our heads with the sleeping bag but then I worried that she'd suffocate so I would uncover us or just hold my arm up for a while to let in fresh air. Needless to say, it was a really long night. The next day Dan said his body was achy, he thinks maybe from shivering!
The next day we rented a canoe and had a blast down at the lake. It's a good thing they had a grassy area there because Jade was getting really antsy not being able to crawl around the campground. We canoed and made sandwiches, it was a lot of fun.
Even though we were planning to stay another night everyone decided that it would be nice just to go home and sleep in our own beds and have all of Sunday to wash all our camp laundry and get ready for the week.
Can't wait for next year family!
3 comments:
Jade looks even older then when I last saw her. I miss not seeing her everyday even though it has been a while since HK. By the way, don't be surprised if I weigh more than my original weight on Wed. I ate way too many smores on our camping trip. We miss you guys!
Sounds kind of like our first camping trip with Gav - we crammed his pack and play into the tent, but it was so cold, and he's not a snuggler - more of a kick and roller, so it was a long night. Jade is getting so big - we want to see her in person!
Last time we went camping Tay had a hard night. We were 35-40 min from home. I went home with tay around midnight and we slept really well cozy in our own beds. I could only take so much screaming in my ear. Anyway, I can relate to the whole rough night camping. Sounds like she did really well. It is us moms who worry for them and lack sleep on their behalf. Memories memories memories!! Good times!
Good to see you all, at least through pictures we get that oppertunity! Take care!!
Post a Comment