Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to Zion! :)

I'm talking of course about Utah! Call it what you will, Zion, Happy Valley.....I just call it home. When my sister called me to tell me she was getting married, the first thing that popped into my head was, Yay, I can go home. We've only been in Minnesota for 4 and a half months, but I was ready for a visit back.
I was really excited that Jade and I got to visit our friends, the Fromms! We had a yummy lunch at Chadders and then hung out for a while at their house. Jade was really glad to see Coleson.
Jade loved this little slide at my mom's house, and even though she could do it all by herself, my younger brother Christopher wanted to help her out.
Jade loved the flowers at the temple. My sister was married in the Manti temple. We grew up there and I think everyone in my family holds a special place in their heart for Manti.
My brother Matthew is so cute in this picture, I couldn't help but add it. His job was showing guests to the sign in table. And as you can see, he took it very seriously.
It was so awesome to see my sister Katrina and hang out with her like old times. Here she is with her boyfriend Mike. She totally surprised me by losing 40 pounds!!!! I was so surprised, she looked fab! Mike also lost about the same amount. They are so cute together.
And here are the newlyweds! We had such a fun time at their reception which was really low key at a local park. I wish them the best.
Here's the first dance. Cassandra was dancing with my dad and bawling like a baby. What's new though, huh Sanny?
Having a pinata at your wedding had kind of become a tradition in my family now. And it is an awesome one!

Here is a picture of their car. We didn't add the saran wrap or toilet paper, Kyle's family wanted to add to our work. Quick story here: We wrote the usual "Just Married" on the back of the car and "Groom" on Kyle's side and "Bride" on Cassandra's side. Then we decided to add a little more.....we wrote "go get her" under "groom" and "non-virgin" under "bride". Apparently, these were appalling things to write because my grandma (whose bed and breakfast the newlyweds had stayed at) asked who'd written those skanky things on her car.

The day after the wedding we decided to run the 5k in Salem. Here is a picture of all the participants from my fam. Katrina and I stuck together. Michael and Jess came in first, then my dad!!, then Katrina and I. I ran it in 39 minutes 45 seconds. I felt pretty proud of myself even though the time was not that great, I can honestly say I gave it my all. My mom kept an eye on Jade for me while I ran and I waved to them at the finish line. Apparently, as soon as I ran past, Jade started crying.
After the race!
Here's a little cutie pie, waiting for our flight home. We had so much fun in Utah. We already miss being there, but that doesn't mean we don't like Minnesota, it's been really nice here.

4 comments:

melbel said...

Wow, so fun! Good for you on the 5K...you beat my time when I ran it over the 4th of July! But my goal wasn't fast; it was just to finish!

SO I was really planning to come up and visit you guys and my cousin in Minnesota sometime in September, but now I'm moving to Utah for the winter. Maybe you'd take us next summer? It was such a fun drive and a nice little weekend getaway to visit.

Linds said...

The wedding looks awesome..I love the red! It was so great to see you guys!

Heidi said...

Way to go! I don't know if I would voluntarily do a 5K...

brian said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! I know the feeling, we miss Utah so much too, AZ is so hot!!! We miss you guys, hope we get to see you at Christmas! I can't believe Jade is almost 2! Where has the time gone?