Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Apple Jack Orchards

Dan snapped this adorable picture of Jade while we were at a ward BBQ. She was just walking around the tree, feeling the bark. It was a really cold day, and windy, but we had fun. They had fun bubble toys there. Jade was really getting the hang of it.
Our friends, the Faleschini's took us to the cool farm where we picked raspberries. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. It took me at least an hour to pick one pint of raspberries. We had fun though and Dan was walking Jade down the rows of raspberries, helping her find some so she could pick them.
As soon as she put one in her mouth she would look at Dan and say "more". She loved them.
This picture is funny, I look like I'm upset at the raspberry. I think I'm just inspecting it though. The bushes were already pretty bare, so you had to kind of pull back the branches to find the hidden ones.

They had a hollowed out log that Jade kept trying to stand up in. It was a fun outing and if anything I just appreciate farmers all the more now.

4 comments:

charisse said...

Apple Jacks is tons of fun. We went there last year to get our pumpkin, and pick Minnesota's Honeycrisp apples (they're awesome! and were developed by the U of M) They also have awesome apple brats and apple relish, and of course apple cider donuts.

Anonymous said...

No I bet you were mad at that rasberry! ha ha too funny!

Linds said...

Looks so fun! Jade is so stinkin cute!

Jatibbs said...

You guys look great! Jade is getting so big!