Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I want to start by saying how blessed I feel to live in this country. I'm also really grateful for those men and women who are over seas fighting for the many freedoms that we enjoy here. Jade and I were in Pocatello, Idaho for the 4th. We went to visit Dan's mom (Dan had school), we had a really good time. My family came up from Utah to hang out with me for the first two days that I was there.
Here's Jade waving our flag at a concert in the park.
Jade and Joshua, enjoying the music, the free ice cream, and the sun beating down on them.
Here's our group. It was a nice concert but pretty hot.
Here's my brother, Michael, enjoying the sparklers just a bit too much.
Josh and Christopher were helping Jade enjoy some sparklers. She was pretty scared of any other type of firework.
My mom stayed home with Jade so that I could go with the rest of my fam, and LouAnn, to the Pocatello firework show. It was really fantastic! This is my best shot.
The boys played so well with Jade. They wanted to do whatever she wanted to do. They were at her beck and call, she just had to walk in to a room and say "pum, pum" (translation: come, come).
We couldn't pass up a chance to have a pregnant sister picture. My sister, Cassandra, is due at the first of September, and I'm due at the end of November. I felt like a midget next to her.
Just a regular, non-pregnant, sister picture.
All of my younger brothers, with Jade.
Nathanael was helping Jade get a drink at the park. Her shirt ended up soaked, but whatever, it was hot. The next day, after my mom and the boys had already left, we went back to the park and Jade said "Paul here?". She was, I think, trying to ask if the boys were there. (My younger brother is named Paul).
I took Jade to the Pocatello mall and she had fun playing. That mall is super depressing now. Most, well not really most, but it feels that way, of the stores are closed and the only people in there are mall walkers.
Chawny and Jade. Jade had fun in the backyard, chasing Chawny around, filling up her water bowl, and trying to sneak up and give her hugs across the back.
We got to visit with our old buddies, Dave and Jen, and their kids. The three of them played so well together. Thanks guys.
Jade and Grandma Lou. Grandma got that adorable hat for Jade and the Rexburg farmers' market. Which, in case anyone was wondering, is really good, as far as farmers' markets go. We had yummy mexican corn, you know, with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese and chili powder on it. I got some cool gnome magnets.
Thanks for the nice trip Grandma Lou. And thanks family, for coming up from Utah to see me. And thanks to the Randalls who drove Jade and I too and from Idaho. I'm sure you got your fill of Dora and Barney songs.

5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Wow your brothers have gotten big. And Jade looks so cute, especially eating the flag. I'm so sorry we missed you, but it's for the best, Tuck has pink eye now, too. Grrrrrr. Next time we'll make plans weeks in advance and I will just keep my kids away from everyone else, even if that means keeping them out of school for a while. ;)

Stefanie said...

Wish we could have been there. I'm so excited for you to have your baby!!! Guess there's still a little ways to go.

melbel said...

You. are. adorable! Your little pregnant belly is so cute! Glad you got to spend so much time with family!

Heidi said...

Boo Hoo, I am sad that we missed you when you were here. Call me next time! Glad you had fun though.

Linds said...

Tish your belly is still so little! You guys are so cute!