Monday, July 21, 2008

The land of the monsoons

Well, we'll start out with our trip to Arizona. We had a great time. Here's a picture of my dad and Dan and Jade (in the red floating ladybug). It was so hot! This time of the year in Arizona is when they get the monsoons. We went to dinner one night (a delicious Thai restaurant) and as we were leaving it started raining, sheets and sheets of rain. We drove around for a while hoping it would let up so we wouldn't have to get out of the car in that kind of downpour. It never let up and we got soaked just from the car to the front door. Anyway, it sort of cooled off that evening though and it was really nice to just have the doors open and smell the rain.

My dad let me cut his hair while I was there. He has had a mullet for about as long as I can remember. We always give him a hard time but it's all in fun. So here is a before picture from Michael's wedding...........

And this is after!! Doesn't it look so much better? I love it.Here's Jade with Grandma Mary. She had so much fun with Jade and of course spoiled her rotten, toys and clothes and the works. We had so much fun. She spoiled us too with her delicious cooking. She made my favorite, chicken salad. I know you're probably thinking, chicken salad? Just trust me on this one, it's awesome.


Luckily, on our flight home we had an extra seat. We let jade just hang out in it for a while. She did pretty well. If only we could get so lucky on our trip to Hong Kong. I doubt it though. I think she looks so big in this picture though. She's just growing up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Jade. She is growing so quickly!

Nice hair cut. I like without the mullet as well.

Anonymous said...

your family seems so diverse and so great! I love it!

melbel said...

Wow, you guys are always on an adventure on some vacation. Hong Kong, eh? That sounds like a blast! Cute pictures.

Unknown said...

She does look big! Good job on the haircut!

Marlyse and Kenny said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Jade looks so grown up. I liked that pic of her while she's asleep with one foot up on the tv. That was cute.

And your Grandpa race sounds like a fun tradition!

~H said...

I still can't believe your Dad let you cut his hair! You did such an awesome job! :)