Tuesday, October 14, 2008

California and Arizona here we come!

After Jade's birthday she and I took a trip with my dad to California to visit my Grandma and the rest of my family on my dad's side. The drive there took us 13 hours! Thank goodness we invested in that portable dvd player. Jade watched Barney and Baby Einstein the whole way, over and over again. She did really good though and didn't cry once.

This is my cousin's daughter Savannah. She's so smart and loves Dora the Explorer.
Here we are at grandma's waiting for our yummy breakfast of papitas (little potatoes) and eggs.
My grandma Armida, Savannah and Jade.
Jade giving her cousin Charlie a kiss.

Jade loved this walker, she could really get around in it. And it was nice knowing that she could be outside without crawling all over the dirty driveway.
After California we drove back to my dad's house in Arizona. That was only an eight hour drive but for some reason felt just as long as the 13 hour drive.

Dad, Mary and Jade the morning we left for home. We sure had a great time you guys. Love you so much, thanks for everything.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't get over how big she is!

Stefanie said...

I love how it looks that Jade is in her walker in the middle of the street, or maybe it really was??? I hope you guys are still around during Thanksgiving, because I miss you all!

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Oh she is so adorable! Happy first birthday Jade!

~H said...

oh my heavens she is getting so big friend!!! She is absolutly beautiful! xoxo love you tons!