Jade and I had just finished up our errands on Saturday and were on our way home. Jade was fussy because she was sleepy so she was crying, but amidst the crying I heard a gagging sound. I looked back and she had her hair barrette in her hand, so I took it from her as I looked for the other one that had been in her hair, praying that she hadn't just choked it down. When we got home I did a more thorough search and couldn't see it anywhere so I called Dan and told him I thought Jade had swallowed her barrette. He called me back a little while later and told me to come by his work and we could have an
xray done. So Jade had her first
xray.

And if you look closely you can see the clip in the
xray on the right hand side, just under the ribs. (At this point it was still in her stomach).


Here is a picture of the twin clip. As you can see it is mostly covered in cloth so that was definitely a bonus and also it had not opened up before she swallowed it, which was great too.
Luckily, she passed it the next day. Even though we picked up quite a collection of these cool clips in
Hong Kong, they all are going in the trash. It's not worth the worry.
5 comments:
WHOA! What a mess! Poor baby Jade.
Did Dan get to do the X-Ray? Very cool! I bet his skills are nice to have around.
I would throw them away too! So sad.
I hope it didn't hurt coming out!
That is so scary...But seeing the clip on the x-ray is also hilarious!
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!! I can hardly believe she swallowed her barrette!! That is scary! Who knew they were choking hazards? I am SO glad she is ok!!!!!
Funny & scary...glad everything is OK.
Jasmin swallowed a dime at 15 months, and had like 3 xrays because it kept not passing through and they needed to make sure it wasn't stuck or pinched. Sorry to hear you guys had to go through the same scary experience.
~C
Post a Comment