Those of you who know us know we LOVE to eat! We had a little shindig at our place a while back. We've made some really nice friends in our ward. We had sushi, potstickers, enchiladas, and yakisoba!

Here is a picture of Jade with her new buddies.

Here is a picture of us on the 4
th of July, in our matching family t-shirts. After finding the idea for the shirts in a magazine, I decided I'd try to make them and they turned out awesome! A friend of mine made the same shirt and she said it only took her 10 minutes. Let's just say, I'm not quite that crafty. They took me at least three hours. But they really are so cool!

Jade loves corn on the cob. This picture just makes me smile. Nothing like having corn on the cob in the summer.

The night of the 4
th we went to The Taste of Minnesota. It's sort of a mini carnival/fair. They have fair food and bands and a few booths with crafts and such. They have a few "rides" too. Here we are crossing the bridge over the Mississippi River.

Elvis Costello was playing that night. He was good, but I only recognized one song. Still, it was
entertaining for sure. Dan could hardly stand being there because of all the smokers. It was really bad, although we are just used to Utah, so pretty much any smoking seems really bad.


Jade was a little bit freaked out by the fireworks, she cried for just a moment. Then I laid her in her stroller and she settled down. She would sit up every once in a while to sneak a peek at the fireworks.


Here are some more pictures of the splash park, we went today and it was great. Even though it was a Saturday it wasn't really busy.

5 comments:
i can't believe you put that picture of my kid on your blog!
just kidding. i don't care. i'd be offended if you blacked out her face or cropped the picture.
you guys are splash-pad-aholics. i'm glad we got to share it with you before we left.
why is my word "unbed?"
Aww, and you made three shirts and you guys all match! That's so cute. They look great! Mine may have taken less time, but I'm sure it's LOTS sloppier, haha.
Your shirts look AWESOME! I love them. What a good idea.
Brigham loves corn on the cob too...it goes STRAIGHT though him. Those morning diapers are fun...
Fun times! I can sympathize with the second-hand smoke dilemma. This is now the second year in a row that some smoker people have decided to come stand by us during the 4th of July parade and light up. Seriously? Right next to other people? Right next to other people with kids? This year they also brought a pitbull. Good family-friendly fun for all.
Oh my heavens she is getting so big friend! When are you coming to Utah? I miss you like crazy!! It looks like you guys are doing really well though! :) I'm so glad! xoxo Love you tons and tons!
Post a Comment