Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Fun

Well, another week has gone by, and we're another week closer to being done with school. (I say we, but you know, Dan.)
Jade's new favorite thing to do is play outside on the deck with some water. We just bring out a bowl of water and a few little cups and she goes to town. Eventually it ends up all over her and dripping down onto our neighbor's balconies.
But it's a great activity for when I don't feel like getting her in her swimsuit and out to the pool.

Here's Dan making siu mai dumplings. He even made some without shrimp, just for me.
Our friend Amanda showed us this really cool splash park in St. Louis Park. It was really crowded this day otherwise I might have a few more pictures. Don't worry though, I'm sure we'll go again.
Here is Jade doing her impression of The Great Cornholio. (From Beavis and Butthead)
Today we meet up with Ruth and Jasmine and Ashton and went to Mall of America. We met Blue, from Blues Clues. Jade, surprisingly, really likes these characters. She tried to reach in Blue's mouth.
This is a moose from the mini-golf course that they have in the mall. He liked Jade's piggie-tails.
He is giving her hand a kiss here.
We also met Dora today!! Jade was pretty excited, she kept touching Dora's face. She also reached inside her mouth. It was pretty hilarious.
Ashton and Jade were playing with Legos before lunch. Jade still doesn't quite know how to work the legos, she has more fun pulling them apart.

4 comments:

Cami said...

How many years of school do you have?

It looks like you are having a ton of fun...oh, to have only one child :) I might be as fun as you guys!

Anonymous said...

So fun! How nice to live by family! So funny, the picture of dan cooking, I thought he was cutting his own hair....I do not know why I thought this, but so funny!

I miss hanging out with your guys and enjoying your wonderful cooking!

melbel said...

Hey, I think that is the same splash park we went to when we were there. I knew you lived there and wanted to see you, but we were only there for a short time. I am planning on coming back though! It's worth the little jaunt to go somewhere new. Maybe September? I never went to Mall of America, it sounds like there are some kid things to do with all those characters that are there!

Stefanie said...

yummy siu mai! Man, your food posts always make me wish we lived closer to you. Of course, just being close to you not for the food is always appealing too.