Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Baby Jade is here!



Baby Jade was born last night at 10:20 after 8 hours of failed induction via C-section. Turns out mom has a really small pelvis!! She had us all worried during delivery as she had a nucal cord x2 and was really dusky and floppy. After 2 minutes her APGAR score was still a 2, and grandma even jumped in and did chest compressions!!! With grandma's loving touch, and some more vigorous stimulation, baby Jade started to cry and move around, and her color improved.

She looked like a total troll after being rammed into Mom's pelvic floor for 8 hours, and had some serious conehead going on. She's totaly cute this morning though!!! All I have for now are the delivery pictures, but I'll put up some better shots in the next days.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts!

Love Dan and Tish and Jade

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay! Can you believe you are parents? Your lives will never be the same. I am so glad to hear that baby Jade is here safe and sound! Can't wait for more pics!

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo!!! Congratulations! She is just beautiful, and I'm so glad everyone is doing well! (I hear ya on the pelvis thing--I'm amazed how often many people seem to have the same problem! C-Sections seem like a bummer, but tell Tish to just walk around and much as she can and she'll be up and going in no time!

Ali said...

Congratulations Dan and Tish! She is a cutie. Tish- I am amazed at how good you look even after having a baby! :D Beautiful Family...

Krista said...

Oh, congratulations! I just found your blog, and I just wanted to tell you Happy Parenthood Day! I almost peed my pants when you said she looked like a troll...no one is ever honest about how hideous babies look when they first come out. Good luck in the next few weeks...they are probably the worst, and the best, actually. Congratulations!