Well, I took Dan to work and came home and called the police. An officer came by and checked out the car, he said he didn't see anything to fingerprint but he noticed a footprint just inside the rear passenger door. He told me how there had a group of about five men who came from Salt Lake and had been out that night stealing from several vehicles. He said he'd call when he had more information. After about a half an hour I got a call saying that they thought they might have our stuff and they'd call back later.
At about eight a.m. I received another call saying I could come to the police station to identify our items. Dan called me on my way over and as I pulled into the police station parking lot I noticed that the police were escorting a young (mid-twenties) man into the back of a patrol car. He was hand cuffed. I said to Dan 'I wonder if that's the guy'. Dan of course wanted me to get out and punch him in the mouth.
An officer came over and Jade and I went inside to identify our stuff. Everything was there and more. He had also taken a power converter with a charger for our nintendo and my lotion from victoria's secret. :) All in all, everything worked out ok. I am very impressed by the Orem police, I had my items returned to me just over two hours after I'd found them missing. Way to go police.
This is the picture of Jade that we used for her passport photo.
5 comments:
I'm glad it all worked out! and where are y'all headed that Jade will need a passport? I want to get one for my girls "just in case"
I love good success stories! And Jade is precious. She's growing up so fast!
That is a cute baby jade passport picture. I really like it!
YEAH you got your stuff back! That is 'good news'
I'm so glad that story had a happy ending!
I'm So glad you got your stuff back! I would be so mad (for you) if you hadn't. Glad it all worked out!
Post a Comment