Sunday, February 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Dan!

For Dan's birthday I decided to make him a red velvet cake from scratch.  It was fairly easy and uses a surprisingly large amount of red food coloring. (I knew it was going to be a lot, but a whole bottle?!)  It ended up being delicious if I do say so myself!



Unfortunately, the only real pictures I took of Dan's party were of the cake process.  What the pictures don't show though, are friends and family playing wii and watching American Idol. (Which Dan can hardly stand to watch.  Thanks Dan.)  :)  
Dan is such an awesome guy!  He's a fabulous dad and a hard worker.
We had to get a few pictures of Jade with these cute piggy tails.  She's just getting so much older, and I love every minute of it.

This was Jade yesterday.  She hasn't been feeling well, she has a fever and just seems miserable.  After about an hour of her crying non-stop I heard a knock on the door and I was thinking, "great, who could that be?".  Turns out it was my mom stopping by for a surprise visit.  She couldn't have come at a better time.  Thanks mom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AHH! I remember Dan's birthday last year and the yummy food you guys always have! I miss you guys!

Good thing no one died on Dan's birthday this year!

Love ya!

Jatibbs said...

That's a lot of red food coloring, but it looks good.

Jen Lee said...

Happy Bday Dan! We just discovered red velvet cake. So yummy! Costco makes a super good one, but I'm sure yours was better. When are you taking off?

Heidi said...

I love Jade's pig tails! Very cute! I remember when I had pig tails. Happy Birthday Dan!