Sunday, March 30, 2008

CHICKEN POX!!

So, Jade had the chicken pox this week. She managed to pick them up from my brothers (who didn't have them yet when we were visiting). Then my mom called and said "paul has the chicken pox". I wasn't sure if she would get them though, seeing as how we were just around them for a couple hours, and no one even held her. So Monday when we woke up I noticed a big red spot on her neck. Just one lone chicken poc (hmm...what is the singular version of chicken pox?). Anyway, it started spreading and by tuesday they were all over her head and back, with a few random ones on her legs and belly. There were a few nights that it was pretty bad. She couldn't sleep and would just burst into tears. I slept with her on the couch a couple nights with a cold washcloth on her head to help keep her fever down. She's doing much better now, they're all scabbed over and a few scabs have even started to fall off.


We took this picture of Jade when she was supposed to be napping. When I laid her down I turned on her glow worm, which plays songs and it's face lights up, and then put it on the side of her crib. But she was reaching for it and wanted to snuggle with it I guess.


So at relief society I made this cute little headband for jade. It was pretty easy too, you just make them out of baby tights and then hot glue a flower on. Turned out pretty cute I thought.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor girl! What a good mommy you are to stay up with her!

melbel said...

So sad to get the chicken pox while still so tiny! :( Hope she feels better!

Jen Lee said...

We're so sad for you guys!We were really excited for you to come. Glad she's feeling better, though, and hopefully we'll see you soon!

Heidi said...

Boo Hoo! I am so sad that baby Jade had to get the chicken pox! I actually have never had them myself, so I can't relate, but it doesn't sound like fun at all.
We need to get together sometime. Let us know when you'll be in this neck of the woods next. We could play some more Carcassonne (which we totally bought after you guys introduced us to it). We also got some other cool games that we learned about at game night with Oborn and some of his physics friends. We are nerds, I know.

Marlyse and Kenny said...

that is so so so sad! is she doing better now?